SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between William Kevin Brown (“Homeowner”) and _____________________ (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
The property is fully furnished and includes Washer/Dryer, Dish Washer, Refrigerator, Microwave, Oven, utensils linens, towels, sofa, loveseat, flat screen TV, DVD Player and additional amenities.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 6 persons. An additional charge or $20 per person per night for guests in addition to 6 will be assessed.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 1 EST p.m. on ________(the “Check-in Date”) and ends at 1 p.m. on _______ (the “Checkout Date”).
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 2 night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than 2 days, the guest will be charged the 2-night rate.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner..
8. Rental Rate and Fees
The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within 2 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
Property Damage Protection is available in replace of security deposit for an additional fee.
Additional details on Property Damage Protection
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
Rental rate and fees are as follows:
Your non refundable deposit of $___ is 5 day prior to check-in.
Rental rate and fees are as follows:
Total Rental $________
Cleaning fee $50.00
4% Sales Tax $________
Total due 30 prior to check-in $_________
Refundable Deposit Due 5 day prior to check-in $ ________
Total to check in. $________
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the reservation deposit will be refunded as follows:
100% if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
50% if cancelled less than days prior to the Check-in Date
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
11. Ownership: The Chapman House is privately owned. The homeowners are NOT responsible for ANY accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur to the renter(s), or any guests or visitors of the renter(s), while in the unit, on the premises. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or of any harm to others whom they invite to use the premises.
12. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are Visa, Master Card, American Express, PayPal.
A secure link will be provided.
PARKING – Parking is limited to __3_____ vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
10. Septic: The property is on a septic systems The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up $500
11. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. We do not refund due to road conditions.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Name (print) Kevin Brown Name (print):
Date: 3/3/2011 Date:
Phone # (during stay): Phone # (during stay):